A few weeks ago, I talked about my experience writing copy for sales pages and promised a post about how to split test different elements on the page. I had that post about half written, and then I saw that Spaulding had written a post on Google Website Optimizer. So, since that was exactly what I was going to do, I wrote Josh a nasty email and then decided to just send you over there. While you are there, I recommend that you opt in to receive his free reports on internet marketing — they are all three excellent. If you have a question about that post, just drop a comment and Josh (or I) will get back to you with an answer.
Automatic Website Visitors – A Case Study
With that task out of the way, I wanted to announce my latest case study — I am calling it the “Jon Leger” case study.
As you know, I am a big Jon Leger fan. He is a great internet marketer, and I own most of his tools. For example, he is the father of the $7 Secrets script that I have written about before. He is also a straight-up honest guy that stands behind his products, and I like that.
So, I wondered if I could create an AdSense Mini-Site using a simple formula and make money using only Leger’s tools. Here is the plan.
- Come up with an interesting niche at random with high CPC (complete)
- Do keyword research on a niche using Leger’s WebComp Analyst (complete)
- Based on the research, pick targeted keywords for articles and domain name (complete)
- Register a brand new domain (complete)
- Create 5 pages of content using Leger’s Instant Article Wizard Pro (in progress)
- Create an “spin ready” article for Leger’s 1WayLinks (1WL) Product
- Submit the above article to 200 blogs using 1WL, generating 600 backlinks over 2 months
- Add the blog to Leger’s 3WayLinks network, generating another 250 links
- Add the blog to Leger’s DirLinks network (free with 3WayLinks subscription)
- Monetize the blog with AdSense.
- DO ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER PROMOTION.
That is the study.
I wanted to use his new tool, Answer Analyst, to create some additional content for the site. That looks like a pretty neat tool (you should check out the video). To be honest, I don’t have a copy yet and I did not take the time to get one. Too much stuff on my plate these days…and I am hearing that he is re-launching Article Builder. So I plan to wait and see what he does there (killer sales page graphics on that site).
Anyway, I plan to have this whole thing completed next week, and I will update you on the progress.
My Prediction (Hope)
I don’t actually know what is going to happen here, because I usually use Jon’s tools in conjunction with other tools. I have never tried to isolate the impact of backlinks from his network.
So here is my prediction. It is more of a hope really — and it will give us something to debate. I predict that this blog will make money from AdSense after a month or two, perhaps as much as a dollar per day after sixty days. So, if I finish the blog by April 15th (tax day here in America), then I am predicting the following:
- March 15: Case study idea hatched. Delayed while working on other projects
- April 8: Case study plan announced
- April 15: Blog completely constructed, monetized and promoted
- May 15: Blog completely indexed – some unique visitors and some AdSense revenue
- June 15: AdSense revenue steady approaching $1 day
- July 15: $30 in AdSense revenue in last 30 days.
- July 16: Reveal the URL for the site and publish results.
I am very interested on your thoughts and questions. What do you think about this study? Leave your predictions below and we can see who is right and who is wrong in a month or two.