For the last week or so, I have been playing around with blogging software alternatives. There are lots of choices out there. As you know from my last post, I use a web host called Lunarpages.
Lunarpages implements user controls using comethign called cPanel. Inside of cPanel, there is a cool application called Fantastico. Fantastico allows a user to install various applications on their server automatically. For blogging, there are several choices, including b2evolution.
I researched them briefly and chose b2evolution for my blogs for several reasons.
- AntiSpam is built in
- Multiple blogs are supported
- One install handles multiple blogs at the same time on a different domain.
- You can chose to display several blogs on the same page. Photoblogs, moblogs, linkblogs ,blogrolls can be added in a snap.
- Great skins
- Multiple users and authors
- Integrated stats for each blog, including robots, RSS readers and browser hits broken down by referrers, searches, direct accesses, self-referred, etc. Also includes search keywords, user logins and more.
- Plugin framework totally rocks
- Much, much more
Bottom line, b2evolution is awesome!