It’s time to start working on your 2022 goals. Don’t wait until January. The time to act is now.
In this episode, I explain my approach for defining goals and breaking them down into a detailed project plan. This is the most comprehensive plan for achieving your 2022 goals. I’m going to lay out exactly how you can set up a schedule, do research, and make progress towards accomplishing any goal. We’ll go over some practical steps and best practices that will help you get where you want to be.
How are we going to set and work on goals that we need to achieve in 2022?
First off, do not wait until 2022 to figure out what you’re going to do in 2022.
The problem with most goals is that the goal is so far away and it’s so big that people don’t really know what to do to move towards that goal today.
One solution to solve that problem is to follow this simple system below. It is a method that I have been using for the last couple of years to successfully achieve goals. It’s a way to break goals down logically and get things done every day.
- Identify a single goal that you’d like to achieve in 2022.
- Visualize that goal. Imagining what that goal is going to look like helps you form the neural pathways. It gets your subconscious mind working to find solutions to all the problems that you’re going to have in your journey on your way to your goal. This is a very powerful step as you can’t build a thing unless you can imagine it.
- Your goal needs to be SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-Bound.
- Break your goals into four SMART goals, one per quarter.
- Take that first quarter milestone and break it down again into a set of monthly goals, and then further down into weekly goals. You are ensuring that you will be doing specific tasks per week. Do the same process for each milestone as this is a hierarchical way to achieve your goals
- Utilize tools to manage your projects. You can use project management tools such as ClickUp, Asana, Trello, Notion or even just notepads and spreadsheets. You can also use Michael Hyatt’s Full Focus Planner.
What if you have more than one goal?
You can run multiple goals concurrently, you just manage them all exactly the same way: you specify them very clearly, you articulate quarterly milestones and break those milestones down to where you know what to work on each and every day, and you commit to doing that work that day.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Michael Hyatt’s Full Focus Planner
- The Basics Of Online Business – Free Video Mini-Course
- Send me feedback at [email protected]
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it’s ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn’t it?)