When things are hard, it’s natural to look for a formula. When it comes to copywriting, the best copywriting formula is Ray Edward’s PASTOR Method. This is the formula that Ray Teaches in his famous Copywriting Academy course, and is an excellent framework for writing great copy.
In this episode, I teach you the six elements of the PASTOR method and discuss how to implement them in your copy. I also discuss the importance of storytelling in your copy, and discuss my plans to check out the 100K Factory program.
Storytelling is one of the most powerful techniques to convince people. This is not a new thing in marketing. It has been used in the most amazingly effective ways for longer than you can possibly imagine. Everyone can tell stories and two good tips are: tell stories from your own personal experience; that story to whatever it is that you want to talk about; and lastly, practice! The more storytelling that you do, the better you’ll get at it.
Here is the best formula for any kinds of persuasive communication that I have seen. It is called the PASTOR Method and was developed by Ray Edward. It talks about the six different components on how to make a completely constructed and effective copy.
- Problem – this is a reminder to make sure that you are calling out the problem that the prospect has. Be specific and articulate because this allows you to identify with the prospect on an emotional level. It will make them feel that you really understand what they are going through.
- Amplify – amplify the pain that the prospect is feeling making sure you know the consequences of this problem. Make sure that you are all in the same page about why this is a big issue.
- Solution – Offer a solution to the problem. This is a great place to tell your story about how this solution is effective. Give examples.
- Transformation – overload with testimonies about the transformation brought about by your solution. Let them see the people who are just like them.
- Offer – make the offer. Make only those which are win-win for you and for your prospect. Don’t just give the features, highlight the benefits. Make honest offers — don’t oversell, resist the temptation to make claims that aren’t true.
- Response – ask the customer a response to the offer. If you do not ask for the sale, you will not make any. Assume that the customer is going to buy and just give them the instructions on how to.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- 100K Factory program
- ATS Rentals
- Rays eBook On Storytelling
*. Copywriting Academy Videos
Want More Late Night Internet Marketing?
Help Me Help You
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter @LateNightIM or on the LateNightIM Facebook Fan Page.
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Best Copywriting Formula Episode Transcript
The transcript for this episode of the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast is still baking in the oven, but it will be ready soon. Please check back in a few days.