In celebration of the 200th episode of the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast, I invited 4 of my closest business friends (Leslie Samuel, Ray Edwards, Mike Stelzner and Cliff Ravenscraft) to give you their best business advice as if they met you in an elevator and only had a few moments to change your destiny. They discuss the importance of perseverance, identity, content creation, service and much more.
One of the amazing things about doing something for 10 years is that you make a lot of friends that you can tap for knowledge.
When someone recognizes an overwhelmingly successful person, a common reaction would be to try to engage them in a conversation. For online entrepreneurs, for example — to tell them they have been listening to their shows, that they have decided to start an online business and this will be followed by the million-dollar question: “Can you give me some advice?”
Now, this may be an easy question for that successful online businessman but how what if he gets this question while in an elevator? Not enough time to get more information and the other person can’t take notes.
When you are sharing your knowledge, it is important that what you say will have an impact on the person for decades. Here are some amazing tips we got from overwhelmingly successful businessmen:
- Find your perfect customer: the person you not only can help the most, but who you want to help the most.
- Think about who and what kind of person you would work with if you only got paid if they deliver results.
- Content is the currency of the internet. You want to build a successful online business, create helpful, useful content that provides value to a specific audience.
- Let your character shine. There will be people who are going to be turned off but that's okay because when you do, you are going to attract the right people.
- It's not going to go as easily as you hope but that is normal.
- Understand that it's going to take a lot of time and a lot of effort.
- Commit to regularly creating content and start watching for the signals.
- Create content on a channel that you have control over so you can eventually build a loyal following that will turn into customers.
- Build relationships with a very strong mastermind group. These are people who will help you consistently to elevate your own mindset and way of thinking to new levels.
- Build relationships in every customer — potential customer, every individual who subscribes to a mailing list, any individual who reads a blog or a podcast — care about each of them, invests in each of those people as human beings as much as you can.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Ray Edwards’ Website
- Leslie Samuel’s Website
- Michael Stelzner’s Website
- Cliff Ravenscraft’s Website
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it's ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn't it?)