Do you ever feel like your business is just a constant stream of setbacks and disappointments? Maybe that's because you're not celebrating wins. In this episode, I highlight the importance of celebrating small wins in your business and provide a recipe for getting it done.
All this and more on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast.
“We don't have to engage in grand, heroic actions to participate in the process of change. Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.” – Howard Zinn
Often, when we are on a losing streak, we get so beaten down and discouraged to continue because let’s face it, losing isn’t fun! We get tired of beating our heads on the keyboard thinking about what else we can do or how we can do things differently and this can get frustrating. Celebrating small wins could be the thing that makes a difference in your business.
Celebrating small wins creates a lot of positive effects not only in your business but in life in general. When you start seeing the success you make on a small scale you start to combat the discouragement a loss brings, and you start to acknowledge the progress you are making towards your bigger goal. It trains your mind to think about the ultimate goal, keeps you focused, and reaffirms that the path you are on is working because you are celebrating a win.
So what can you do to get small wins?
- Create opportunities for small wins to happen. Break down your big goals into smaller ones. Make a list of things you want to achieve on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly level to create checkpoints for all the wins you’ve achieved.
- Take the time to notice small wins. Schedule a time where you look at all the things you’ve accomplished and congratulate yourself on the progress you’ve made. It may be small but that only means you’re one step closer to the bigger goal.
- Go ahead and agree to allow yourself to get excited about your small win. Generate excitement for things that go right. Create a mindset of appreciating the little things that pave the way to your success.
- Communicate your win. Post about it, share it with your audience or customers, celebrate with them. It inspires other people and gets you that positive reinforcements that you need to keep going with your business.
- Reward yourself in a small way. There are so many different ways to reward yourself for the small wins. Take yourself out to a nice meal, buy yourself that thing you’ve been wanting to buy, get a good massage, reward yourself with an hour break maybe after achieving work for the day, whatever you decide to do to reward yourself, know that you deserve it.
Celebrating small wins reminds you of the goals that are set and why they were set in the first place. It creates a lot of positive energy, it reminds you that you are a winner, and takes care of the limiting beliefs and doubts you have after a loss.
No matter what you decided to do, remember to not be so hard on yourself. Each loss is only another lesson learned and each small step gets you closer to the ultimate goal, so it deserves to be celebrated.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it's ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn't it?)