Are you interested in learning how to start a coaching business online? This week I’ve invited Cliff Ravenscraft to the show to talk about coaching and how to get started with your own coaching business. He is the Mindset Answerman from MindSetAnswerman.com and he reveals some critical information in this episode.
Last week, we talked about the four different kinds of internet businesses and one category is online services. One of the most exciting online services today is the area of coaching. It’s exciting because it can transform lives and because for those that are called to do it, it’s reasonably easy to get started.
It’s a serious business that takes a lot of work to be successful but the barriers to getting into that business are approachable.
Is 2022 a good time for a coaching business?
It doesn’t matter what year it is, what the current environment is, and what opportunities exist. The questions are: is coaching something that you want to do? How much of your heart is in this? Do you really have confidence that you are a coach and that this is a path for you?
The world will always need coaches. Even a coach has a coach.
Why is coaching so valuable?
We are all limited human beings, we need different perspectives, different sets of eyes. We need to talk to somebody who actually is aware of other actions that we can take that we’re not able to even think about.
It’s not that we’re not smart, it’s just we don’t have experience in certain areas.
Am I worthy or qualified to be a coach?
Almost all people who do not have the track record of being paid yet go through self doubt. But once you get paying clients, it’s going to be a non issue. This is just the lack of the confidence that people would pay you so what you need is the courage to ask people to pay. You know why coaching is so valuable: you’ll give them a different perception of what’s possible, a different path they could take that could get them the results quicker, etc. so break through the limitations that you’ve put on your mind of what you perceive to be possible.
What should I do to start my coaching business?
First, speak to the type of people who can resonate with you and shift your beliefs over this idea that coaching is something that you’re newly entering into. Unpack all your limiting beliefs around whether or not you can do this.
Second, if you are looking to monetize your coaching, read the book called The Prosperous Coach by Steve Chandler and Rich Litvin. There’s nothing in this book teaching you how to coach but it will give you the shortest path to financial success as a coach.
What can I do to get better at coaching?
- Some people go after certification programs and it does help gain confidence. You can learn strategies, techniques, frameworks that can be very beneficial for you to use with your clients.
- Hire a coach. The biggest value that you will get is to experience how the coach coaches. What do they say in your email communications? How do they follow up? How do they communicate in between conversations? What are the coaching calls like and how uniquely different is that from anything that you’ve ever thought to do yourself? Hire a coach, be coached and learn from the experience to see how you can grow through working with somebody else who approaches coaching from a different way than you do.
- View other people who are coaching. Go to YouTube and look for coaches who coach. Go observe people who are coaching people and just take notes. What did you like? What did you not like? What do you want to add? Make a list.
- Read coaching books like The Coaching Habit and Super Coach.
- Words don’t teach. It’s through your stories and your experience that you teach and transform others. Live the things that you are teaching.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it’s ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn’t it?)