Ever wondered the truth about dropshipping using google shopping ads? In this episode, I spill all the details on my month-long dropshipping experiment. I detail how this particular dropshipping model works, discuss my results to date, give examples and lay out my plans for May.
In this current situation, a lot of people are making fundamental changes to their business after determining that their product isn't meeting the needs of the intended market. You may be thinking about switching to dropshipping and don’t know where to start, or you may know but don’t know how to do it right.
Here are some things that I can share starting with issues I have found in the dropshipping business in general:
- As you dropship products from China to the United States, it is not possible to get your items in a timely manner due to long shipping times.
- Impulse-buy products lock you into a lower price range.
- Facebook advertising is fickle because of targeting issues.
As Rick Mulready said, ‘It's some science and a lot of art.’
I got more information on dropshipping through a product called Kibo Code and here are the steps laid out in that model:
- Use Google shopping ads instead of Facebook ads
- Google shopping ads are 100x easier to manage and deal with versus Facebook ads
- Powerful because the person who sees that ad is seeing it because they searched with a keyword related to the product, and some of those keywords have strong commercial intent.
- Get a domain name and set up a Shopify website.
- List products for sale in your Shopify store by writing a nice-looking and compelling listing in your store. You need to be able to acquire these products and ship them to the customer and those two costs need to be less than half the costs that you're going to see or half the price you're going to sell it for.
- Run that product until it's not making money anymore and you sell as many as you can.
- Pick these winning products?
- Products need to ship from the US
- Are selling based, not only on reviews that might be on the dropshipper's website but also based on the search volume?
- Find that one product that is overwhelmingly popular and sell and sell and sell.
- Test products
- If they fail, let go of the product and don’t spend any more money on it.
- If they pass, then keep those products and keep running them and they generate money.
The biggest reason why there’s failure in internet business today over and over and over again is people quit too soon. If you want to be successful in something like this, you've got to grind it out and do the work.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it's ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn't it?)