Are you spending time creating video content but not getting the engagement you'd like? Do you wish there was a magic button that you could push to get more viewer time on your videos? In this episode, I interview Gideon Shalwick from Splasheo.com who reveals his strategy for increase video viewer engagement.
All this and more on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast.
Gideon Shalwick didn’t become an overnight superstar; he didn’t immediately get the engagement he wanted when he started creating his videos. It took him a lot of trials and errors, second-guessing on whether he should continue or not, and self-doubting his abilities. But his passion for creating video content pushed him to get to where he is now with his 7-figure success.
What does video engagement mean?
For videos, engagement isn’t calculated by just the number of views your video has received. It also takes into consideration the length of time the viewers stayed on and the interaction or what they did around the content that you created such as liking, commenting, and sharing. Engagement is vital in the video content and vlogging world because it determines your success and the impact you have made.
How do you increase video engagement and conversions?
There is no exact formula to get you your desired interaction but following these steps might just help you with that.
- Content is important – Statistics show that 83% of consumers share videos to their friends if it is specific to their interests. This means it is important that you understand who your market is. Research about the content you want to create and make sure that you are giving them something they don’t already know. Learn to be flexible and adjust to the whims of the market. When it moves, you must learn to move as well.
- Video Editing – Create a storyboard and work to make sure that your ideas are reflected in the video editing. How you blend images and sounds are important factors into the emotional connection and engagement that you want your audience to feel while watching your video.
- Captioning videos can tremendously increase the engagement in your videos. It has to be friendly to people who can’t turn on the volume at the moment but still wants to watch your videos. Given that one-third of online activity is spent watching videos, take advantage of the moment the person comes across your video and want to watch them but isn’t in a conducive environment/appropriate to watch videos.
- Add a catchy headline to attract people into the video and they immediately know what it’s about. Use a variation of words complemented by clean font style, a variation of colors, font size, and a moving headline to draw the audience in.
Lastly, if you feel that you’re getting nowhere, don’t hesitate to ask for help. Look for people who have successfully done what you’re trying to do and gather tips. Not everything works for everybody but by finding out what others have done, spares you the time figuring out what you need to do.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Check out cool video templates here
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don't worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it's ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn't it?)