Stuck at home trying to make progress on your online business during the coronavirus lockdown? Looking for tips on how to be productive in the midst of the COVID19 pandemic? I’ve got you covered.
In this episode, I outline several things you can do (and a few you should not do) to stay focused and get things done during this global crisis.
It’s hard to admit that we are now in a situation where we don’t have any much control. People are losing their jobs and worried about their health, business owners are challenged in keeping their business up and running — this is an enormous change for all of us.
From your normal routine of getting dressed for work, meeting people to discuss your business, getting stuck with the traffic — you now have to work from home, trapped in your house.
The real question now is, what are the things that we need to change and how are we going to approach the current situation in order to be as efficient as possible?
Here are the best kinds of tips that we can look at in order to stay productive.
- Stay positive – Most of us spend a lot of time worrying about the virus and it is already affecting our mental state. A lot of people are losing their jobs and businesses and it is a real reason to be worried but what else can we do? During this time, we have to do everything to stay positive. We have to restrict the amount of negative information we put in our mind and feed it with positive ones. Staying positive is the foundation. Your action plans for the next 3 months will no longer matter if you are feeding yourself with fear and anxiety.
- Have a clear plan – All of a sudden, a lot of things have changed in the past few weeks and it has negatively affected everything — from your daily routine to the plans you have made for the next few months. You are now stuck with “What do I do now?”. We have to acknowledge the situation that we can’t do anything about it but to move on with the next action plan. You can create a daily plan with the top 3 clear goals of what you are going to do for today, 3 most important things that you need to get done to be productive for your business. The rest can be household chores or exercises to keep your body fit, but always make sure to have top 3 goals you have for today for your business.
- Don’t ignore your virtual assistants – Getting a virtual assistant makes our job easier. They take off the tasks that we can no longer manage so we can deliver the results of our hard work at the end of the day. Most of the time these virtual assistants work in auto-pilot, we give them the tasks they need to complete and they send us the results. Take time to check in with the welfare of your team, not just ask about the business . During this time, most are worried that they might lose their jobs, and productivity and focus might be compromised . Don’t over promise, just communicate and make sure that those lines of communication are open with the people that you normally work with. You’ll be surprised that you will also learn something from your virtual assistant.
- Establish a new routine – Always go back and remember the second recommendation, which is to have a clear plan. Establish routines that are in the betterment-of-self category. You don’t want to be sitting on your desk for the next 4-5 weeks feeling too burnt out.
Always remember, whatever goals you might have for today or for the next 3 months, never skip the first tip.
You can have tons of things on your list and may have the best plan for the next few months but if you always feed your mind with negativity, which creates fear in achieving your goals, you’ll end up starting all over again every day and not achieving anything.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it’s ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn’t it?)