Wondering what Arnold Schwarzenegger has to say about success in Internet Business? In this episode, I break down a speech Arnold gave about success that can be found on GoalCast and apply what he says about his own success journey to your internet business. All this and more on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast.
Arnold’s story is an interesting one regarding internet business success. He grew up in post-world War II Austria where the economic situation was terrible. When he was a young kid, he saw a video of the United States and realized that’s where he wanted to be. This started his journey where he went on to become a bodybuilder during the time where bodybuilding was an American thing, became. Mr. Universe, became a very famous Hollywood movie star and then the Governor of California.
Arnold came from nothing and became amazing. As marketers, we can become that too. We can apply some Arnold’s recipe and have some success of our own.
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s 5 Rules to Success
1. Have a vision – If you don’t have a vision, you will just drift around and will not find happiness. Discover your vision and let that guide you. Understand why you’re doing what you’re doing. What truly makes you go? That’s the introspection that we all need to do.
2. Don’t think small – Shoot for the stars. Arnold didn’t think about being in movies, no, he wanted to be a movie star. It’s okay to start small and it’s okay to focus small but you need to have a big vision. Evidence around neuro-linguistic programming speaks to the idea that if you imagine a thing, your brain will help you get to that thing. Take bold, massive action outside your comfort zone.
3. Ignore the naysayers – Usually, there’s someone in your life who doesn’t understand what you’re trying to do as they do not share your vision. Ignore these people, this is negative energy that you cannot let that in your mind. People told Arnold that there was no way he was going to be a leading man with his heavy accent and his big muscle-bound thing, but these oddities were exactly what made him big part of the pop culture. The thing that was supposed to keep him out of movies ended up being the big thing that everybody remembers that makes him so wonderfully famous.
4. Work your butt off – It doesn’t matter in what area you’re in: no pain, no gain. This is the idea of focus continuous work. This is making a choice between doing the work or watching television / taking a nap or sleeping in. Don’t burn yourself out, don’t ruin your vision by driving yourself into the ground but make sure you’re working hard and doing the work. You can’t get something for nothing. There will be sacrifices, delayed gratification and a lot of hard work in this business.
5. Don’t just take, give something back – tear down that mirror that makes you always look at yourself and you will see the people that need your help. Create amazing, massive value in your business — that’s one way to give back on the front end, paying it forward. The other way of giving back to the community helping other people become successful, when you are already successful.
Here is that amazing video of Arnold talking about his 5 tips for success
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- The Arnold YouTube Video Above
- Free The Dream Live
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it’s ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn’t it?)