Creating valuable content is a critical part of any marketing strategy — especially the kind of marketing we talk about here on the podcast. In this episode, I outline my 2015 SMART goals (also recently mentioned in my latest video), I talk about how to deal with keeping your internet business separate from your day job, and I take a look at a the very successful YouTube campaign of Paul Soares Jr. through the eyes of my 8-year-old.
Here are the highlights of the items I have shared in this episode:
- My big plans, goals and commitment for 2015 including my aggressive publication strategy plans involving releasing one podcast episode, one video and one written content every week and bringing back the Late Night Internet Marketing Minute (wohooo!);
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod: the book that fired me up and taught me that the routines we put in place every morning can set the tone, the focus and the expectations of the rest of our day;
- The rules in balancing and separating your day job and your internet marketing business in order for you not to cross the beams and keep it all good with your employers:
- Don’t work on your side business when you are supposed to be working on your real job.
- Don’t use any of your company’s resources in order to make your business more profitable.
- Make sure that what you are doing on the side is aligned with the values of your employer.
- Having an identity online and the decision to use your real names or an alias,
- How Paul Soares Jr., maker of Mine Craft and other game videos, mesmerized me and my 8-year-old through his high-quality, well-thought out educational and entertaining videos and what he did to set himself apart from the market resulting to book deals, over a million of subscribers and establishing himself as an expert in his field, and
- A discussion with my son, Zachary, where you can get tips in creating valuable content to market your own after he broke down his reasons in getting hooked with Paul Soares, Jr.’s videos.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- The Miracle Morning Book (Hal Elrod)
- Pat’s Interview With Hal on the SPI Podcast
- My son Zach’s blog (a work in progress, he’s 8)
Like What You Heard? Want More Content?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts. If you are lovin’ the podcast, please be sure to leave us some feedback and subscribe in iTunes! Podcast Alley is another option: My Podcast Alley feed! Here is the Raw RSS Feed.
Episode 086 Transcript
This week we talk about my goals for 2015, which you may be happy to know include a lot more podcasting. We also talk about the surprise I got when someone I never expected found my podcast and how that might actually affect you. Finally, we’re going to talk a little bit about YouTube and how my little 8 year old son has been influenced by that amazing marketing engine.
All this and more on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast….
Setting SMART Goals for 2015
It’s really great to be back. I have been making huge plans for 2015. We’re going to talk about all those this week. I hope that you have some big plans for 2015 as well. I’d love to hear what those are and I would love to hear what’s going on with you, either in the show notes or over on the Facebook fan page.
You can find the show notes for this episode, just like every other episode, at LateNightIM.com/086 for this episode. It’s always the episode number right after the domain name. Or you can always drop me a note over on Facebook at LateNightIM.com/facebook, that’s the easiest way to find me. I’d love to hear from you there. I try my very best to respond to each and every comment and post on Facebook personally. I’m not perfect about it, but I do try my very best.
I hope you guys had an absolutely fantastic holiday season. Of course it’s a huge holiday season here in the United States around December. Quite frankly, the day after Christmas I got sick and I am not over it yet. I just went to the doctor recently and I still don’t feel great. But time was slipping away and I felt like I had to muster enough energy to get an episode out there for you guys and let you know that in 2015 I have what I consider a very aggressive (for me) publication strategy plan.
Let me tell you what I have planned for you so that you can take advantage of it.
I am going to plan to actually publish a podcast episode every week, along with a video, usually from my car. I’ve already published one of those this year and I have another one that will be uploading later today. And I’m going to publishing some written content once a week. That’s three pieces of what I hope is can’t-live-without content. I get a lot of really good feedback on the videos. If you’re not familiar with that you can go to LateNightIM.com/video and you can see those YouTube videos, and if you’d like you can subscribe to the YouTube channel.