I recently attended Pat Flynn’s first-ever conference event — FlynnCon in San Diego, CA. In this episode, I talk about the event and my major takeaways about internet business, life and the conference itself. All this and more on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast.
My 6 most important takeaways from Flynncon:
- Pat has Arrived – from a kid making money out of unlocking PDF files to running a multi-million-dollar business, Pat’s growth for the last 10 years has been phenomenal. He crushed it from the main stage!
- The Power of Instagram – now almost replacing Facebook, one of the speakers spoke about Instagram as her most important conversion platform. This is mainly due to the level of engagement she’s able to get from her tribe, particularly on the side of direct messaging.
- Aspirin vs Vitamins – if you want to make serious money, you need to solve a serious problem. People are more likely to pay for an ‘aspirin’ so find a business which is more than just ‘vitamins’.
- The Importance of Customer Experience – treat your customers in social media with kindness and grace. Engage with them as if they are your only customer, even if you got thousands. This is critical if you want to sustain a brand online, and your efforts will be well worth it.
- Work-life Balance – Your online business is a marathon, not a sprint, so take care of yourself and your family because even if you’ll be wildly successful and not have good relationships with the people that you want to share it with. What’s the point?
- The Impostor Syndrome – There were speakers who shared stories in the conference and one struggle was the impostor syndrome. If you have experienced this, stay optimistic, keep fighting. Realize that whatever it is that you know about your topic, you know more than most people who need your help.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Let’s connect on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/latenightim
- Smart Passive Income episode with Walid
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it’s ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn’t it?)