So far on our journey to build the Niche Super-Site we have discussed:
- Definition of the Niche Super-Site case study
- List of Niche Super-Site design goals
- How to choose your Super-Niche
Remember, our overall goal is to build a niche site that returns $2/day in residual income in the Elvis Presley niche. 🙂
Before we rush out and buy a domain name, we need a keyword strategy. Now that we have settled on Elvis Presley, let's hop over to Wordtracker.com and see what they have to say about The King and his Keywords.
If you sign up for the Wordtracker free trial you can access their competition search tool. If you enter the starting phrase elvis presley, you can then pick your 30 favorite phrases returned for further analysis. The 30 phrases come from analyzing the keywords from 100 other “elvis presley” webpages.
The results are very interesting.
Based on the KEI (a measure of the goodness of the keyword), people want to know about history of Elvis — they are searching for elvis presley “history, born, death, funeral, etc.”. So, for now, let's decide that our main keywords are:
- elvis and elvis presley (these are implied but very competitive. We will not try to rank for these. Some day, if our page rank is high, we might make the first page for these (but not any time soon).
- history of elvis and history of elvis presley
- elvis born/birth/death/funeral
- elvis presley born/birth/death/funeral
As a note, let's remember the other top keywords (KEI greater than one with some traffic) and try to create a page for each phrase. More on that later. Also, note the misspelling of Presley (as Presly). We are also going to want to add some keywords specific to the affiliate programs that we will be offering (like eBay through phpBay).
See you tomorrow when we'll talk about registering a domain!