So far on our journey to build the Niche Super-Site we have discussed:
- Definition of the Niche Super-Site case study
- List of Niche Super-Site design goals
- How to select your niche
- Choosing your keywords
- Choosing a domain name
- Setting up your niche site
- Making things look nice
- Installing Plugins
- Getting listed in Google
You'll recall from our List of Niche Super-Site Design Goals that we are striving to create a niche site that generates $2 per day in residual income. We said that we did not want to rely only on Adsense alone to accomplish that. So, one thing that we can do to diversify our niche site income is add affiliate sales. One great affiliate program to look at is the eBay affiliate sales program.
As I reported previously, phpBay Pro is the way to go when you want to add eBay auctions to WordPress. According to the Wired Studio’s website, phpBay Pro enables web publishers to quickly and easily add keyword rich eBay auction listings to WordPress or php driven sites to generate serious affiliate revenue in a matter of minutes! Boy, can I confirm that claim personally. In our case, we need to focus on the feature rich phpBay WordPress Plugin (for more information on why, see Build Niche Sites with WordPress). There are at least two great ways to use this plugin. You can embed auction items in posts, or you can created entire pages of auction listings.
Wired Studios’ product boasts several important features:
- Simple installation takes minutes to get up and going
- Keyword rich results adds SEO value to your content
- List auctions from specific categories
- List auctions from specific vendors
- Mask outgoing Ebay links
- First Class support in case you have a question or need help
From my point of view phpBay Pro delivers all of this and more. Specifically, the support is over the top – outstanding. In fact, since I was new to WordPress, I had a couple of newbie questions that were answered by the developer himself (Wade) the same day.
You will recall that our niche site (www.historyofelvis.com) is up and running in WordPress. When people visit there, we would like them to buy things (thus helping us make our $2/day). The great thing about phpBay Pro is that we can install the plugin and have a page up and running in just a few minutes after becoming an eBay affiliate. Generally speaking, the steps are as follows:
- Sign up with Commission Junction (www.cj.com)
- Apply to become an eBay affiliate.
- Install the phpBay Pro plugin for WordPress
- Set your affiliate sales ID in the software
- Insert one line of code in any WordPress page and see your auction come alive.
You can see an example on HistoryofElvis.com implemented in the Elvis Autographs page. The cool thing is that phpBay content is indexed by Google. If you mix in some ad copy, this can have a dramatic impact on your page SEO for your search keywords.
So, that's it for today. Tomorrow, we'll talk about PopShops.