In this episode, I talk about how to write conversion copy and the lessons that my eighth-grader is learning about getting people to take action. I also talk about some early lessons learned from the recent launch of the Kibo Code Quantum drop-shipping course, and an update on my progress with Groove Funnels. Finally, I talk about a simple way to get more Google reviews for your local business.
Before we talk about learning from my eighth-grader, I would like to share some lessons I learned from the Kibo Code Quantum dropshipping course that I took through Kibo which I think are all great for you to learn too:
- In order for people to really be successful in a business, you need to give them the tools they need to succeed. There are plenty of tools in the market or platforms that you can look into that fits your need and your budget.
- Whatever you are delivering to the market, you need to understand the struggles of your ideal customers. Take a step back and make sure you are bridging the gap as you match offers to buyers to get people to the next step.
- Look for things in your business where you can extend your footprint in a related way to generate multiple streams of income. If you have a niche that you’re doing well in, find a related thing that you can expand into.
Now, just a brief background on my son giving us some lessons on getting people to take action and other marketing lessons – so he’s currently taking a Social Media Marketing Course, and one day he came home with a great assignment which is to create a social media marketing video pitch that explains why someone should take action around a particular product. And throughout his assignment, he learned the Four Steps to Persuasive Conversion:
- Start with a hook. Know who your audience is, understand their struggles, their setbacks, their aspirations, and where they want to get to. Provide your pitch and make it interesting. It may be in a form of a question, quote, anecdote, or even statistics.
- Be relatable and amplify the struggle. Magnify the problem, break it down, and then appeal to a future state. What happens if they opt for the solution? What happens if they don’t?
- Provide a solution and talk about what the transformation looks like. Paint a verbal picture of how the problem can be solved. Describe how the transformation felt or looked to inspire them.
- Make a call for them to take action to future pace success. Explain the deliverables and most importantly the benefits that they will reap from this.
This is a shorter version of the P.A.S.T.O.R. (Problem, Amplify, Solution, Transformation, Offer, and Response) formula for writing a copy. This is a formula you should be using every time you want to inspire someone to take action and have them get things done.
And oh — here is our Gizmo, as mentioned in my post-script talks 🙂
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- My Son’s Social Media Marketing Video
- My GrooveFunnels Landing Page
- How To Start An Online Business For Free
- Paula Mason Photography
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it’s ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn’t it?)