I often get requests for Shopify SEO Tips — people who are trying to do search engine optimization for eCommerce. The truth of the matter is that most eCommerce sites don't pay much attention to SEO, so with a little work you can often crush the competition when it comes to SEO. In this episode, I talk about 4 tips that you can use today to immediately improve your eCommerce SEO.
As I mentioned in the episode, I will be hosting a special daily discussion of the coming ConvertKit Product Creation Masterclass in the Late Night Internet Marketing Facebook group. If you'd like to join us, just enroll in the free masterclass below.
If you are interested in creating your first product, this might be just what you need to get you over the hump.
Shopify SEO Tips Show Notes
Four solid tips which can help you get more traffic to your Shopify store for free:
- Make sure that you have a strong listing – people would just usually copy the few pieces of information that are available to them from the drop shipper. This would just include the size and the weight but void of real descriptions which will help people understand the product and would give Google something to chew on. Have at least a thousand words for your product listing. Start with the product that you are most interested in seeing on the top searches and write copies for those using the PASTOR method: call out the problem that the prospect has; amplify the pain that the prospect is feeling making sure you know the consequences of this problem; offer a solution to the problem by telling a story about how your solution is effective; overload with testimonies about the transformation brought about by your solution; make honest, win-win offers; and ask the customer a response to the offer.
Don’t just put any thousand words and do not put the sales/buy button so far down the page that it will decrease your conversions. Test your copy as well.
- Take advantage of the blog feature in Shopify – some people do not realize that Shopify has this feature. Target words which have high commercial intent but do not directly relate to your product. Answer helpful content questions then at the end of the article, you can add in that you have that product available in your store. Provide an internal link to your sales page after that. As people link to your blog, it increases your authority; and it also attracts visitors from Google to your page and drives traffic to your Spotify page. This can be easily outsourced to Upwork for a reasonable price.
- Optimize your Shopify title tag, SEO description and URL – optimize the page slug for your product, the title for your product page and your product description for searches. Make sure the keywords are those that you want to be ranked for and for the description, write them as compelling as you can to entice people to click even if you are not in the very top listing of the page.
- Build back links to your site – A few quality links back to your page will go a long way. Typically, you can get these through two ways: links that you leave around the internet in response to your product area (blog posts, forums, reddit) and blog posts which reference to your product inside the post. The latter can be easily bought from refutable sources. These can make a huge difference in your ranking results.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- ConvertKit Product Creation Masterclass
- The Late Night IM Facebook Group
- The Hoth
- 100K Factory program
Want More Late Night Internet Marketing?
Help Me Help You
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter @LateNightIM or on the LateNightIM Facebook Fan Page.
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Shopify SEO Tips Episode Transcript
I hope you’ve had a fantastic week and things are really going great for you in your business. I’m making all kinds of crazy progress on multiple fronts, not the least of which is this Shopify store that I have been building. Building that store and talking to people in the private Facebook group here at Late Night Internet Marketing has caused me to want to talk about Shopify store SEO.
We’re going to talk about that, but one thing I wanted to tell you about before we get into that is some super cool free training that is being offered by ConvertKit that we’re going to be following along with in the Facebook group at LateNightIM.com/fbgroup.
ConvertKit is offering this Product Creation Masterclass, which is super cool. It’s basically a four week class designed to cover the four critical topics in product creation. I think a lot of you out there, maybe some of you for a very long time, have been struggling to figure out exactly what it is that you’re doing online, or you’ve been dreaming of being in the situation where you had your own product.