This is the 100th episode of the Late Night Internet Marketing podcast. That's a little hard to believe. I wanted to do something special to celebrate, so I invited my mastermind group on to the show. Leslie Samuel, Cliff Ravenscraft, Ray Edwards, Michael Stelzner and Pat Flynn talk about the importance of mastermind groups in business and each offer the “one thing” they want you to know.
Here are the highlights of the things our awesome guests shared in this episode:
- Pat talks what he was like before he learned about the importance of connecting with other people and before he found out the value of having a mastermind group. He moved on to tell us the progress he had made since then, the milestones that his business has achieved which stemmed directly from these groups and why the rewards far outweighs the risks.
- Mike’s initial struggles upon joining a mastermind group, being the self-sufficient guy that he is, and his advice to the lone rangers out there on the mindset that they have to switch to in able to reap the monumental rewards of being in a fellowship like this.
- Cliff shares the difference that a servant mentality can make in businesses and how this can be done by getting to know the people you serve. Cliff also gives a great example on how building relationships with your audience can help you connect other people to their needed resources thereby adding value to other peoples’ lives. By doing this, they will be a constant source of future connections to you, your brand and your business and will help move your business in a profound way.
- Ray discusses the importance of introspection, sense of purpose, vision, mission and goals and why you need to establish these before going out and finding which mastermind group to be in. He also lets us in on how he balances being a dad and paying the bills, including the things he had to give up to be true to his priorities and live a fulfilling life.
- Lighting round: the one thing you got to keep in mind:
- Pat – Don’t worry about failing. As you long as you keep falling forward, you will get to you destination.
- Ray – Take 100% responsibility for everything in your life, including and especially, your business. There are things which will happen beyond our control but you need to respond with the right attitude. It will keep you from being too full of yourself and will also keep you from despair. Our challenges don’t define us, our actions do. – Michael J. Fox
- Mike – To build a successful business, you have to have an audience. In order to do this, you either have to buy your audience or build them. Start thinking now on how.
- Leslie – Once you know what value you want to provide to the world, you need to create content regularly and consistently. This is a crucial part of the equation in building an audience.
- Cliff – Become an expert at saying no. When you have your priorities already aligned, stick to that order of importance and do not get distracted.
Want more Late Night Internet Marketing?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts. If you are lovin' the podcast, please be sure to leave us some feedback and subscribe in iTunes! Podcast Alley is another option: My Podcast Alley feed! Here is the Raw RSS Feed.
Episode LNIM100 Green Room Mastermind Transcript
This is going to be awesome. This week is a very special week, Episode 100 of the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast. I planned something special, I got my buddies from The Green Room Mastermind to come in.
- Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income,
- Michael Stelzner from Social Media Examiner,
- Ray Edwards of The Ray Edwards Show,
- Leslie Samuel from Become a Blogger, and of course
- Cliff Ravenscraft, the Podcast Answer Man.
They’re all in the house today to talk to you about what they would like to tell you based on what they’ve learned from all of their time in internet business. Without further ado, I’m going to let you eavesdrop on our mastermind call that was designed specifically for this purpose and with you guys in mind.