When you run out of blog content ideas, you can feel desperate and alone. Well, perhaps that's a slightly dramatic characterization, but you get the idea. Running out of ideas stinks. In this episode, I talk about how you will never have to worry about running out of blog content ideas again — ever.
Blog Content Ideas Show Notes
Create a content editorial calendar – you can use this to jot down exactly what you can talk about for the rest of the year.
Use a Headline Generator – if you need an idea for the specific title you want to put in, you can also use a headline generator. It will inspire you to write helpful content using headlines that are really attention-grabbing that will help you with your social media exposure. The title is a tiny percentage of the battle but if you do not have an idea or a title, it’s a 100% of the battle – and that’s where you are.
The Anatomy of an Effective Blog Post – use this template which contains six components that your article should have:
- Compelling Title – lure your readers in with attention-grabbing, sassy headlines.
- Lead Paragraph – once you get those eyeballs to read your first paragraph, capture their attention, give them a reason to read the rest of the article and make their investment worth it.
- Relevant Image – use iStockPhoto and Depositphotos.
- Personal Experience – this is your unfair competitive advantage. There are things that are unique to you that you can use to help a specific set of people. Open up and share personal stories so you have the opportunity to find them.
- Main Body – this is where the meat is so you need to deliver. Don’t write a thesis or a giant wall of text. Small, bite-sized content is the most effective.
- Discussion Question – create a conversation. Be approachable, ask people what you think. And if they leave a comment, respond.
Links Mentioned In This Episode On Blog Content Ideas
- Leslie Samuel on BecomeABlogger.com
- Live Leap (Facebook Live Syndication)
- Portent Content Idea Generator
- Michael Hyatt's blog post template
- Rate this podcast on iTunes
Want More Late Night Internet Marketing?
Help Me Help You
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter @LateNightIM or on the LateNightIM Facebook Fan Page.
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Blog Content Ideas Episode Transcript
I hope you’re having a fantastic week. I have a lot of stuff going on again this week. It’s just been crazy busy and that makes me happy.
One of the things that I have been spending some time on and really enjoying is the private Facebook group that we set up just for listeners of the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast. I love it because it’s kind of a small group, we hang out, it’s super cool. If you haven’t had a change to check that out yet, I definitely recommend that you come and find us over at LateNightIM.com/fbgroup.
One of the things that is really cool about it is it feels more like a mastermind. If you’ve ever been in one of these big Facebook groups where you felt like it was just a sea of people and you were lost in that sea of people, this isn’t like that. At least right now. In fact, I want to give a shout out to Collin, he was our 150th member. That’s really exciting. It’s super small and there’s lots of engagement in there.
I’ve been able to jump in and talk to people about what’s going on and I’m really enjoying that. I would love to see you there.