These 10 simple copywriting tips will have you writing better sales copy by the time you finish this podcast. This includes copy for sales pages, blog posts, landing pages, facebook ad, and any other place you need to convince people to take an action. All this and more on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast.
If you have a need to use your words to get people to take action, copywriting is the thing. If you have not done this before though, it can be daunting. You might not know where to start or what makes a good copy, so let’s discuss that today – the things you need to know about copywriting.
Here are my 10 most important copywriting tips:
1. Put yourself in your prospect’s shoes – in able for your words to resonate, you must be in the mindset of your prospect. Behave and think like the person reading the copy so you can lead them to take action. To do this, ask people about their problem and the things that they want solved. Take note of the words and the language they have used and use those phrases in your sales letters.
2. Make your copy all about your prospect – your sales letter should state their problems, should demonstrate that you understand their struggles, and then showcase the solution (your product) – it’s should not be all about you.
3. State the problem clearly – whatever the problem you are solving, clearly call that out. Make sure that you absolutely, obviously state it in a way that it is completely identifiable so that the person who’s reading the sales letter understands that you get them.
4. Amplify the pain and make it real – once you’ve defined the problem, convince them that you really understand the pain that comes from having that problem. Talk about it and give examples.
5. Provide the benefits of the solution – most sales letters provide the features of the solution (the product) but fail to tie it up with the benefits.
6. Show examples – produce specific examples where your product worked in the past. It’s a fundamental idea to remove doubts that it will work for your prospect.
7. Get testimonials – go beyond examples, provide testimonials from trusted sources. In the testimonials, address possible objections that your prospect might have.
8. Make a clear offer – remove any ambivalence of what you are offering, put it clearly out there.
Always tell 100% of the truth and maintain Integrity with what you are delivering but don’t undersell your product either.
9. Demonstrate the value of your offer – make them see that your solution is worth way more than the cost of what they are paying. The value of your product is not based on the fact that it took you 17 hours to create it, the value of your product is the value to the customer.
10. Answer objections – answer all objections that you can think of either in the sales copy, down at the bottom of the sales letter, or in the Frequently Asked Questions section.
11. Bonus Tip – You’ll just have to listen to get this one….
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Next week’s episode with Rusty Ryal
- Ray Edwards, Copywriting legend
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it’s ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn’t it?)