Now more than ever, internet marketing for small business should be a critical part of any business owner’s strategy. In this episode, I replay my talk from Social Media Marketing World 2015 where I discuss how you can use your website as more than just an online business card. I cover search engine ranking, conversions, lead capture, website content and more. It was a fun talk in front of a great audience, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared during my talk at the Social Media Marketing World 2015:
- How I meet all my priorities by automating things and building fundamental principles around setting things to work even without having to proactively do something. I give scenarios on how baseball can be the same with the internet marketing business model in the sense that they both need to go back to basics and not lose sight of the fundamentals.
- Websites as online business cards and why you should always have content which is of value to your customers.
- What your fundamentals should come down to and the big idea that you always need to keep in mind when working on your website: match offers with your buyers.
- Why offers should be rich with detail, my rule of thumb on how long your product descriptions should be, the construction and the kinds of details that you can add to your offers depending on your product, and the amount of content needed in your page.
- The different types of advertising that you can employ — from organic to social media — to find your buyers, and why Facebook conversion should be a secondary thing only after capturing your buyers in your website so that they are your own asset and not any other social media’s.
- The importance of coming up with at least one avatar of your customer; the opportunities you can use to convert your searches including using titles effectively, choosing the URLs that your buyers can trust, placing in descriptions that speak to them and calls for action, guest bloggings, avoiding duplicate content; and a quick overview about Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithm.
- Your mailing list as an important asset of your business, how you can get these email addresses and my thoughts about how you should build your list including giving your buyers the value that will build trust and will keep your business on top of their minds.
- Tips in setting up effective auto responders such as engaging your audience by asking questions, getting them to click by setting up calls to action, taking care of your thank you page and asking for a sale.
- Questions from the audience: my favorite auto responders, how Google treats curated content, my recommendations on the type of platform you should use in WordPress and advice in revamping websites.
Links from the Show
- My autoresponder, Aweber
- The PDF from my presentation at Social Media Marketing World
- Social Media Marketing World
Want more Late Night Internet Marketing?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I’d love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts. If you are lovin’ the podcast, please be sure to leave us some feedback and subscribe in iTunes! Podcast Alley is another option: My Podcast Alley feed! Here is the Raw RSS Feed.
Episode 094 Internet Marketing For Small Business Transcript
This week on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast I bring you my talk from Social Media Marketing World on Internet Marketing for Small Business. I think you’re really going to enjoy it.
All this and more on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast….
As I promised you last week, this is a recording of a talk that I gave at Social Media Marketing World in the Spring of this year (2015). It was very well received and I believe it is directly applicable to a lot of listeners, so I wanted to bring that to you here. I’ve edited it slightly to clean it up so it’s not so long and I’ve taken out the questions at the end.
The stage I want to set for you is a typical conference situation. I was introduced by the track moderator and I’m on an elevated stage with a big screen and an audio-visual guy in the back of the room doing a pretty decent job of recording the audio. I wanted to offer this to you in hopes that you will enjoy hearing it as much as I enjoyed giving the talk. I really like speaking in front of live audiences. People that know me think it’s just because I like hearing the sound of my own voice. That’s not true, but I really do enjoy this, it energizes me. I hope that comes through in this as well.
By the way, before we get into this, special thanks to Mike Stelzner, Phil, and the boys over at Social Media Marketing World at SocialMediaExaminer.com for letting me use this audio. This conference is the most awesome, most well run internet marketing and social media conference on the planet. I’ve been to so many conferences in my life, both as a professional electrical engineer and as an internet marketer, this is by far the best conference I’ve ever been to, as far as size, how well it’s run, the level of service and the quality of the content. This is the crème de le crème. If you want to learn more about Social Media Marketing World go check it out.
Also, the slides that I used that were up on the screen are available for download [here].
How to Automate Your Sales Using Your Small Business Website
Introduction by Sherry: Let me tell you about Mark. He is the mastermind behind the blog LateNightInternetMarketing.com. Have any of you listened to his Late Night Internet Marketing podcast? It’s on iTunes, download it before you leave. He has been teaching others about internet marketing and creating passive income for themselves since 2007. He loves podcasting. That’s what Michael was talking about this morning, if you’re not on the bandwagon, you need to get there so you can tap him for information on that as well.
He’s also a very busy husband and father. He’ an electrical engineer by day and helping others learn when he has time late at night to make that money while you’re sleeping. Without, further ado, let me bring up our speaker for this afternoon, Mark Mason.