Web 2.0 sites to me mean sites that use mostly user generated content, so Facebook, Squidoo, Weebly, even Wikipedia is a web 2.0 site. Some you can't use to market, like Wikipedia and Facebook, others you can like Squidoo, Weebly, Hubpages and ClearBlogs.
You have to be wary of the rules of these sites (but then you have to be wary of the rules on places like EzineArticles too) as unlike EzineArticles.com your pages do not have to be approved before they are visible (for most sites). This means you don't get an article rejected and told why so you can correct it, often your page will just disappear, and then if they find you have multiple pages violating some part of their TOS they'll probably just shut your account down and delete all your pages… harsh but true.
So go in knowing what to expect so you don't inadvertently break any of the rules and then everyone is happy. Web 2.0 sites are great because you can link to your site or your offers, and you can use them to get ranked in the search engines too because they are often authority sites with lots of ranking power too.
In fact sometimes you will find Squidoo lenses and Hubpages ranking above articles from EzineArticles.com so over time you will learn which gets you the most traffic and the best rankings and you can then stick to that one and master it.
As sleazy as it sounds though I would recommend creating multiple accounts and distributing your work between those accounts, even if you do everything right then sometimes a competitor might report your pages or something, and if all your work is in one account when it gets closed.
Here are some web 2.0 sites that you might like to try:
Article Marketing does not have to be hard. Check out the software that I use every day to completely automate my article marketing to hundreds of the top directories.
P.S. Don't forget to check out the special bonus just for MasonWorld.com readers.
Previous Articles in this series include…..
- What You Can Promote Using Article Marketing
- How To Write a Strong Quality Article for Article Marketing
- Common Problems Encountered In Article Marketing
- Where to Submit Article for Article Marketing
- Two Types of Articles You Can Use in Article Marketing
- Getting Free Search Engine Traffic From Article Marketing – The Research Phase
- Getting Free Search Engine Traffic From Article Marketing – The Construction Phase
- Getting Free Search Engine Traffic From Article Marketing – Building Backlinks Phase
- Writing the Resource Box When Doing Article Marketing
- Should I Spin My Articles When Doing Article Marketing