Gideon Shalwick from Splasheo.com is back in the house. Last week he revealed his strategy for increased video viewer engagement. This week he talks about why he does what he does and his courageous journey to figure it all out. We also talk about Maxwell's Equations, which is weird but true. All this and more on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast.
Gideon Shalwick used to struggle in understanding why he does what he does. He didn’t know what his purpose was when he began his journey but after realizing this, he started asking himself the important question – WHY?
Why has he done what he's done in the past? Why did he make certain decisions in life the way he did? Why he took the course that he did? Why did he like a certain sport? And all the WHY's he can think of.
By asking himself these questions, he has uncovered a deeper understanding of his purpose and how he feels about it. He immediately realized that his WHY isn’t necessarily what he wants it to be and made the shift he needed to fulfill his life’s purpose.
Now, sometimes we already know our WHY, we already know our purpose and our passion through the subconscious or emotional level, but we have not fully thought it through or we’re holding back because we’re afraid of something. Whether it's afraid of what people might say, afraid to fail, or afraid of rejection. Whatever is holding you back, you must discover what your true path is and follow it.
So how do you truly discover your purpose?
- Ask yourself WHY? – Why do you do what you do? Why did you take the job that you took? Why did you move to another place? Why do you want to build that business? Why do you do the things that you do? All these questions will help you discover yourself more and what you truly want out of this life.
- After answering all those questions, question your answer – Are those the only reasons for your why or is there more to it? Are you happy with your answer? Would you like it to be something else? If the answer is yes, shift your focus. Create another answer to your WHY. You control everything that happens to your life after this shift.
- Verbalize your WHY or your PURPOSE – A lot of people hold back on their passion and dreams because they are unsure yet but when you feel it to the heart, you have to start telling yourself what it is and tell others. When others feel happy and excited for you, you feel the energy of your dreams come to life.
- Follow your true path and stay in course – do not be distracted with the results of the small things that you’ve achieved. Focus on the bigger picture. Focus on what matters and what answers your question of WHY. When you have to make a decision ask yourself which one aligns with your WHY.
Using an analogy on Maxwell’s Equation, it states that it is a series of partial differential equations that describe the force of electromagnetism. What that means is when electricity is run through a copper wire it automatically creates a magnetic field around the wire 90 degrees to the travel of the direction of the current and it becomes like a magnet.
A magnet both attracts and repels.
True enough, when we relate this to life when you’re in a direction you’re meant to be going. When you are following your true path, you become a magnet of all things that lead you to your why. You start attracting the right people, the right opportunities, and the right resources, on the contrary, you also start repelling those that aren’t aligned to your path.
All of this will allow you to live a more fulfilled and meaningful life which in turn impacts and motivates all the people around you.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Brené Brown: The Power of Vulnerability
- Subscribe in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or Spotify
Help Me Help You Succeed Online
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter or in the Late Night Internet Marketing Private Facebook Group
Tell Me What You Think
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on iTunes (link).
Get The Episode Transcript
Interested in the transcript of this episode when it's ready? Transcripts are available to all of my subscribers. You can find them along with all the other episode transcripts and special bonus content in the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast Vault (sounds mysterious, doesn't it?)